Information may be out of date due to COVID-19. Please call the phone number listed below to confirm details.
Kettle Moraine State Forest - Southern Unit
Park passes are required but are not being sold on-site. Please contact the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Customer Service Center to purchase passes: 888-305-0398, 8am-3pm daily or with questions: 1-888-936-7463, 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. daily.
Show off your selfie skills! Find a selfie stand located along the Scuppernong Springs Nature Trail near the area known as “Indian Campground” and stop for a fun photo. Share yours with us on Instagram using #ScenicWisconsin.
More than 22,000 acres of glacial hills and lakes close to Milwaukee make this a very popular recreation area. Visitors can camp in one of three family campgrounds. There is also a cabin for people with disabilities.
Stop by the park headquarters in Eagle for trail maps and interpretive displays.The Southern Unit extends from Dousman to near Whitewater.
Pets are welcome in Wisconsin State Parks but must be on a leash and under control at all times. Certain areas may be off limits to pets. Visit our website for more details.
Choose Your List(s)
- Disabled Access
- Pets Welcome/Inquire
- Campground Type
- Trail Length (miles)
- Dumping Station
- Showers and Flush Toilets
- Camping Hook-ups
- Natural Attractions Type
- Parks, Forests, Trails
- Nature Trails
- Boat Launch
- Publicly Owned
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
- Use recycled resin lumber to construct benches and signs throughout the property.
- Use refillable soap dispensers, purchase products in reusable containers and bulk.
- Use Energy Star qualified lighting, replace exit signs with LED exit signs.
- Use non-toxic cleaning supplies.
- Purchase or sell local crafts, such as walking sticks, beeswax candles and prairie seed.